Green Valley Ranch and Vegas are two different areas in Southern Nevada. Green Valley Ranch is not a city, it is an area in the city of Henderson. And Las Vegas is a city. Both cities are located in Clark County. As a real estate agent in Southern Nevada, I always get questions on different locations in Las Vegas. Of course, it is my pleasure to help answer any questions one might have about Southern Nevada. I am writing this to hopefully help those of you that are unfamiliar with the different cities in Southern Nevada.
First off, for the purposes of popular lifestyle destinations and population...Southern Nevada encompasses the following cities: Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Pahrump, and Boulder City.
I will be going over the locations of all the cities mentioned. For part 1 it's all about Las Vegas. Please stay tuned for details of the remaining Southern Nevada cities in my next Blogs.
The Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson cities are part of the huge area in Southern Nevada that we refer to as the Valley. It is surrounded by brown mountains...not much greenery on those mountains. The only exception to these brown mountains is the beautiful "Red Rock" canyons on the west side of the valley. If you look at this Valley you can divide it into several areas: SouthWest, NorthWest, North, East, South, and Henderson. Las Vegas City is located in the South West, North West, South and East. North Las Vegas is located in the North. And Finally, Henderson is located in the South East. You see, because in the Valley there are only 3 cities (Las Vegas, North Las Vegas & Henderson), we have different areas and/or masterplan communities so that we can differentiate locations. Here are some of the different areas in Las Vegas that you may have heard of:
- Summerlin Masterplan, is located on the far western rim of the valley, from the South West up to the North West. Summerlin is Westside Living at its finest. Known for its 100's of miles of trail systems, parks, private schools, worship houses, unique villages and shopping. "Red Rock Canyon" borders this beautiful masterplan to the western edge. You can purchase Condo's starting as low as $165,000 all the way up to over $1,000,000. As far as Single Family Detached homes...prices start in the mid $200,000's up to multi-million dollar estates.
- Mountains Edge Masterplan is located in the deep south west of the valley. This is a fairly new masterplan, only a couple years old. However, it is one of the fastest growing masterplans in the US. With over 500 acres of parks, trails, and greenways this community has a great sense of wide open spaces. There is something for everyone here...square footages range from a little over 1000sf to over 4500sf.
- Southern Highlands Masterplan is located in the southern part of the valley. Southern Highlands can be seen by those heading into Las Vegas from California. It is on the left (west) of the 15 Freeway. If you want exclusivity and privacy, then you can spend upwards of over $1,000,000 to be in the Southern Highlands Golf Club. This is a private golf club that one must be invited to join.
- Silverado Ranch is located in the south central part of the valley. Silverado Ranch is a great place to live if you want to be close to the strip, McCarran International Airport, freeways and lots of shopping. This community has housing for every desire.
- East Las Vegas is of course, located in the east of the valley. If you want vintage Las Vegas...you have arrived. This is Las Vegas living the way it used to be. Although the majority of the homes are older, East Las Vegas is growing. Sunrise Ridge and Sunrise Mountain are located on the far east hugging the mountain. There are newer homes with large square footages for low prices. The east also has golf course age restricted housing at great values, in the $200,000's.
- Centennial Hills area is located in the north west of the valley. Centennial Hills is in it's biggest growing phase. You can find many of your favorite shops being built. If you are looking for a deal in real estate, you can certainly get one here. New or re-sale homes...they've got it!
- Spring Valley is located in the west central part of the valley. Spring Valley offers a great cultural experience. Here you will find a unique area referred to as Chinatown. With the hustle and bustle of the asian marketplace you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for in dining or shopping. Housing is diverse in pricing and size.
- Peccole Ranch and Queensridge are located just east of Summerlin. Peccole Ranch and Queensridge are beautiful resort-like lifestyle communities. Complete with clubhouses, 46 plus acres of greenway paseos and tennis courts. Peccole Ranch creates a real sense of community with fun local events throughout the year involving residents. Containing modest homes and pricing up to the extreme and extravagant in luxury. One prized possession of Queensridge, a 24/7 guard-gated community, is One Queensridge Place - Custom Homes in the Sky. The devolopers of this superb property have created each home with uniqueness and elegance. When only the best will do...One Queensridge Place is The ONE.
Of course, there are other areas in Las Vegas city that I did not discuss in detail...that would take me forever to blog on. So, this pretty much sums up the major areas in Las Vegas. I hope it helped you with understanding Las Vegas city in Southern Nevada.